Old 12-25-2012, 05:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Do you belong to a church? If so you might talk to them and they might be able to find you temporary lodging. Otherwise, the state or city run social services. And of course, as your parents suggested, the Salvation Army. Once you get back on the track and regain your parents confidence they may revise the tough love program which it sounds like their pursuing. Eventually you'll get your cat back but that cat should be careful that he's not an enabler. And you in denial if the cat probably doesn't care whether you drink as long as it gets fed. I haven't met the cat so I can't tell whether it dislikes the drinking. I can't figure why the AA folks said they couldn't "be around" you right now. Are you misinterpreting them? Are they merely saying that they can't help unless you convince them that you're really trying to work the program? If so, then try to convince them that you mean business. And do everything to get this through to your parents. It may be tough if they've heard all this before....

W.