Old 12-25-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AuTiger2112

@Dee74 I been a highly functional alcoholic for years and yes my parents asked me to speak to a friend about aa 8yrs ago but i was to stubborn and thought I had all the answers....then I lived in birmingham, al working for the 7yrs and recently moved home. I voluntarily asked for my fathers friend who initally spoke to me about aa and this time I knew I need it BADLY....I was depressed, anxiety through the roof etc, etc. I get up at 4:3am cst time most days to make a meeting at 5:30 to here the wise old timers talk.....they knew I was making progress, but this was my first relapse and they simply just emotionally crushed me and said they couldn't be around me right now. My cat loves my parents so he'll be ok, I'll just miss him. Since my recovery started I cut off friends, situations and temptations and coming home to the unconditional love of a my Chuck cat was always a welcomed blessing. Yes I'm NO saint by far.....but for this news to fall like an axe on Christmas day is too much.....beyond depressed! and have not a clue of what to do.....ugh heartache!