View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NikNox

Why am I surprised?

Hi folks & Merry Christmas. Haven't posted for a while cos all was quiet in that SD wasn't talking to her mum. 3 weeks ago we heard that she had alcoholic liver disease & only had a year to live if she didn't stop drinking. So, SD broke her 2 month silence & text her mum asking if it was true. Mum text back & said it wasn't, & then said she wanted to see SD before Christmas to take her on a spending spree as she had borrowed money. But, my hubby & I decided to intervene for the first time & told her that she couldnt see SD until she had been to our home to talk about things. At first she got angry & refused, but we stuck to our guns & told her she had to, end of.

She came to our home last Saturday evening. She told us she did have alcoholic liver disease but didn't have to stop drinking (yeah, right). She said she was in counselling to work through her issues before attempting to dry out, but acknowledged the pain & suffering she had caused her daughter. She agreed that conact needed to be built up slowly, & understood that we were only looking out for SD. She said communication would improve between us & her, & we felt the meeting had been positive & looked forward to moving forward. But, she looked very ill - puffy face, yellowy skin & very very skinny & I would guess she's well past alcoholic fatty liver & going towards cirrhosis.

So, Christmas Day today we thought she was bound to call her daughter. She didn't. Not even a text, nothing. My husband asked SD earlier if she wanted to call her mum but she refused stating her mother should want to contact her. It's now nearly 10 pm, and not a word.

I just don't get it & feel so angry.