Old 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wpainterw

Tiger:
You relapsed. That was your decision. But no one's perfect and all the literature says that relapses often happen. If there's a relapse that certainly does not mean that a fellow has not made some progress, considerable progress in your case. I hope I'm not too judgmental but my impression is that your other family members overreacted, that you should not have been put out of the town house where you were living and that your cat should be restored to you as soon as you have a stable place to live. It's your cat, not theirs.
If you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and pick up where you left off in sobriety, I'm with you all the way, on your team rooting for you. I'm particularly impressed at how you went back to your AA group and shared about this. Hope they all gave you tons of support. Hope all this family stuff doesn't make it harder for you to get the show back on the road. It's all for you and only you can do it. Don't do it for them. They don't understand. Do it for you. From the looks of things, although you are temporarily living in a confused situation, you're doing just great. You've made tons of progress and you deserve congratulations and support, not criticism. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

W.