View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BrokenHeartWife

I hope that those who are in relationships with alcoholic BFs and GFs read this thread. I hope they stop and look around at other healthy relationships and see that normal folks aren't dealing with this crap. They have peaceful llves. They have mutual supporting relationships. They aren't dealing with the daily lies or half-truths or illogical behavior.

AH has been off work since last Wednesday (Xmas shutdown at work). Everyday he said that we'd go Christmas shopping "the next day" because on "that day" he was "too tired." Well, it's Christmas and he never went Christmas shopping with me. Thankfully, I went without him plus had done some online ordering.

However, this is the first year that I didn't bother to buy/send a gift for his mother since I'm furious at her and my AH's relatives. Since AH has never bothered to buy her anything, let her realize the truth that I (not AH) was the one who always took care of Xmas, Bday, and mother's day gifts for her. AH never even knew what I'd buy.

AH is very good about saying he's going to do this or that, but follow-thru is awful. Yet, he seems to have no memory of the many times he doesn't follow thru. We have some rental properties that I manage. I have renters moving in on Friday. The place needs to be cleaned/dusted/vacuumed before then. Since it is fully furnished - including all linens - there is a lot to do. I've done a lot so far. Each day, AH has said that he's going to help me with it. Ha. He's sat on his fanny surfing the net, playing computer chess, watching TV or napping the whole time. Last night he brought the subject up again and said that he'd going to help with the clean up on Christmas. On Christmas??? The big holiday? WTH??? Oh well, I won't hold my breath. He'll likely wake up at noon, say that he's still "too tired" and I'll finish the clean up tomorrow...by myself....while he's doing nothing.

So, let this all be a warning to those who aren't tied down with an A with a longtime marriage/kids. Get away. Look around at normal couples. That's the way things should be.