View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 02:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

Originally Posted by lovesunandsnow View Post
Thislonlygirl,

I wish you a Merry Christmas! I feel the same way. I was going along okay today until I read a post on a social network that broke me down, and then I pulled my dinner out of the over to burn my hand on a 400 degree pan. Wasn’t thinking straight I guess when I grabbed for it. I’m okay thank goodness but it still is a small burn, I must have let go fast enough.
Sometimes it looks like others have the fairytale life; all the pictures of fun, family and friends look so great but remember they are pictures. At one time I bet you have pictures of your family if someone that you didn’t know saw them they’d think the same thing. It’s all about perception, or at least that is my thinking about social media.

Today I’m sad but remembering that I’m not with my A-EXBF because he is an alcoholic, I am a co-dependent and we didn’t mesh well in the long run. If someone was to see a picture of us together they’d think look how happy they are but really we were not happy. I was angry and sad all the time because he drank and the more I got angry he drank more. So it was a cycle that I’m happy to be out of but wish to god he would have stopped drinking to love me. Tonight that is what I wish more than anything but wishes don’t always come true but helping others with hope and understanding do.

I wish you a night of peace and joy. Know that you’re feeling are understood.

I have thought the same. If you can look at my pictures and see happiness hidding the pain then maybe others too arent so perfect in theirs.
I like to think they have their problems but hopefully are as genuinely happy as they appear...I wouldnt wish otherwise still....addiction is a big ugh! And knowing that others dont suffer from it and hide that pain atleast none I know of...that just sucks that thats what It is for me.
I would like to say we have our problems not THE problem.
And christmas eve ah quaked non stop....oh boy. Luckily he went to sleep without problem....getting through the holidays are tough but we are managing.
Its after Christmas that im going to really face this head on...he says hell do outpatient when he is off upcoming time....lets hope so because Ill be the one to have to make the hard choices for me and my kids. For now merry Christmas and move forward!