View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

didnt think it would get to me so much

It hit me harder today than ever. While everyone I know shares photos and videos and messages on social network of their holliday fun....gleaming smiles of couples and families
Non alcohol get togethers and the making of memories. I find myself jealous.
Sad even. That what I want most for christmas and every day after is the same warming feeling with my ah and us as a family and non alcohol related memories.
Yet even though I see it and I wish I wish I wish. I know that if he cant be the one to give me that.
I must be the one to get it for myself.
I didnt think it would bother me as much.. making the best out of every situation and moving forward happy for the blessings I do have yet today made me feel even more isolated from what everyone else experiences. I am glad though that I have sr and all the people here who do get it! Thank you all for making me not feel alone so much in familes of alcoholics.
I am blessed to have found this site and I am blessed to have learned so much being here about myself and my ah.
Thanks sr family for listening! Hoping to push through the feelings to make a great Christmas!