View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 09:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PerhapsLove

AD about to be homeless

My AD recently got out of rehab and stayed in a halfway house for 3 weeks. She moved back to the town where her little girl is and to the house she rented a room in a few months back. The guy living there told her one more chance and, of course, she blew it.

He has already thrown her stuff on his lawn and told her to get out. She is sitting in a ball on his couch. She asked me to buy her a ticket back to her ex, a heroin addict. She lied and said she was welcome to go back there. He lives with his parents (he's 42!) and my husband called the father, who told him he did not want her there because he has all he can handle.

I told her I would not pay for the ticket and, of course the begging and pleading started. She won't go to the hospital or a shelter. I feel ok about not paying for the ticket, but it is hard to listen to her beg. I was supposed to pick her up today to see her daughter for Christmas, but now that is down the tubes.

I just need a little reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. I don't know where to turn. The AA hotline said they don't have information except about meetings. The roommate is furious. I don't want her on the streets. I told her she only has a few options because of her choices, but she is rejecting them. Can anyone think of something else I could say to her?