View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
pkrma

Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
Just to be clear, I don't think you need to do any of those things you don't want to do to quit drinking. You really can just knock it off. Really. What I'm asking you to consider -- for your own benefit, not mine -- is this: do you believe that? If not, why not?
Yes, I believe that I can quit, and No, you're posts didn't help me reach that conclusion.

I just started this thread to have a conversation with people to share experiences similar to my own, and most of the above responses are great for me to read and think about. I see alot of myself up there, especially what Murray4x5 said. Stuff like that makes me glad I started the thread.

You're trying to probe my mind, see why I am not interested in AA, support groups, programs, whatever. I've got my reasons, don't really need to go into it. I'm just not a program guy, that's all there is to it. There's alot of people like me out there, just like there's alot of people not like me out there.

The thing is, it is important to me to go about this the way I want to, I call it cold turkey, you can call what you like, but I know there's people out there like me who are having success, and I like hearing their stories, that's all there is to it.