Old 12-22-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
whaty

Tjp, my As is on his way here right now but will only be allowed in the house for a short visit (not overnight). He lives four hours away and drove back with his friend to help load some stuff for the house the friend is renting. He had been doing very well over the spring and summer and then relapsed early fall. Fortunately, he was arrested the day after the relapse and spent a month in jail. He then went to a 21 day rehab and is now out and attending a probation ordered IOP four nights a week for three hours (and loves it). He also has a very decent job that has a future and seems to be doing good...... Today. He is on a wait list for a SLE, living with a friend with five years of clean time (of a different DOC). He has presents for his sister, grandmother and me, and I bought him some jeans and a sweatshirt (which he needs).

So even though he is doing well, I have already locked anything of any value in my safe. Fool me once!

I am looking forward to seeing him even though it was a difficult decision to allow his visit. He has also quit smoking which makes me happy. One day at a time.

Hugs to all the mothers and fathers of AS's and D's during this difficult time of the year.

Whaty