View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 08:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kialua

Originally Posted by Tamsin View Post
My friends mean so much to me but what i'm finding the hardest is some of my best friends who have met my mum and dad think they are so lovely and just don't get why i have cut them off. That's the hardest thing. Because my friends are now my family. Alot of my friends get it. But my best friend who was there for me after my 'attempt' thinks my family are so nice and i think she thinks i'm more than a bit mad for cutting off these lovely people.
:ghug3

Welcome. So true. Well who cares what they think, you know the truth and she doesn't. Some people will never know the truth even if they lived it. My sister refuses to admit that our dad was an abusive drunk even though she saw me get beat every day. We had to split ways and I miss her very much, but she isn't living in reality and denies mine. At my dad's funeral hundreds of people were crying and telling me what a great guy he was, my cousins all thought the world of him. Duh. They didn't know him.

Detaching emotionally is the survival skill we have all learned, some it takes longer to learn than others.

You can do this, keep reading and working on yourself. The stickies above are great. And look at my blog if you like, the link is right under my name on the left here, it has a number with an underline.