View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Maples

Hi Mrs Lamp, glad you are here with us.

The most important recommendation I would make for the immediate short term is get to a Doctor, fully admit your situation and let them help. I did this for the first time recently - admitted my relapse to them and their response was that they are there to help. If you need controlled detox, your doctor will know. I feel like they are coaching me through this.

It's hard to do because you know you face hard facts and bad news, but it is necessary and I now wish I did it 2 years ago. They put me on BP medication, and immediately tested liver and kidney functions. I was scared but am now relieved to have the facts about my body and what I have done to myself.

The early days are hard, but most importantly you will need help, and medical professionals are a good start.

After you tackle the medical, then you handle the emotional addiction issues. Speaking from experience - tackling it alone is not recommended. It takes strength to ask for help and make getting it a priority.

Come back and tell us how you are doing please.

PS, today is my day 2. We all understand the struggle here. Admitting the problem is the first step to recovery.