Thread: Yikes
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
PmDavis300

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
Don't eat the yellow snow! What are you doing now, hanging out or going to bed? Wanna talk about what's next? The funny thing is, I can almost guarantee you that tomorrow or the next day or the day after that you'll find yourself thinking "Man, why did I let that internet person talk me into dumping my beer in the snow. That was so dumb and I really feel like drinking right now. I'm going to quit on Jan 1 just like I said I was!" or something along those lines. You want to know how I know this? I'VE DONE IT A BUNCH OF TIMES. A BUNCH. TOO MANY. You should start planning for what you're going to do when that happens. Unless you want to be dumping beers again, that is.
I have been on the forum for about a week now. I read your posts when you were still drunk. Now here I am in the same position. I didn't dump those beers on a whim. I have been considering this for a long time, but as time goes on, I'm in more pain and the reality of being a long term drunk gets more real. I don't want to do it anymore. With some luck my desire to be sober will overcome my addiction and I will beat this thing. I more determined then I have been in a while, and I will do my best to continue the fight.