View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BabyJane

Hi Ben,

Admitting you have a problem is sometimes the hardest part. It sounds like you are no longer in denial about your drinking and other habbits having a negative impact on your health and your life in general. Have you tried AA or any other recovery program like SMART / AVRT or Moderation Management? I have personally had much success working a recovery program that fits my recovery goals and lifestyle. Everyone is different, what works for me might not be for you, but I know for certain that it's quite difficult to do this alone. Addicts and alcoholics love to think we can just take care of things ourselves, but there are times when reaching out and asking for some help face to face with another person who has successfully beat this affliction is paramount.

I encourage you to keep returning here for support and to look at some of those. Just an idea if you haven't tried already. Also talking to a doctor can be great if the doctor has experience with what you're dealing with. Best of luck to you. You're not alone out there.