View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mafalda

Going off the grid for a while.

I'm at the airport going Away for the holidays. Wi- fi access will be spotty It is almost two weeks since I stopped drinking and so far so good. With help from you all. I realized my mind has only one voice. The one that says " if you drink you will feel awful in the morning and ask yourself why are you doing this to yourself , so don't say I didn't tell you so ". This has been enough so far. I love not having a hangover , that and worrying about my health were my biggest issues. Not being able to take an aspirin because I'm worried about my liver! I am spending these holidays with my side of the family and will be in some pretty remote places ( leaving the country ) and it seems like the only thing they drink is beer which I never liked so I think the temptations won't be too bad , less than they are at home for sure . Holidays at home are tough with my drinking husband and family , they don't seem to have any problems though. I have gotten a fair amount of practice resisting though. My house was full of booze. I kept on looking at the wine bottles and looking at them like they were evil little things. Which they are. I wish you all the best for the new year And just being on this site is a testament to your desire to get better and help others , something I wish I will be able to do myself.