View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
nano

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone for all your important and pertinent insights and advice. I feel like a sponge right now, just needing to absorb as much as I can from others who have walked this road.

I went to my first al anon meeting tonight. I can see that it will be a great resource for me and my husband. I feel lucky in that many of the people there seemed to be suffering from a similar circumstance; dealing with a young adult child addict. Misery loves company indeed.

I was able to vent some of my frustrations at the inconsistencies and outright disorganization of the rehab center. It felt good to air this and get feedback from people who are several weeks or months ahead of me in this process. It was also validating to hear that others had had similarly frustrating experiences in the beginning which prompts me to think I should write a letter to the director illuminating my experience, while it is still fresh in my mind.

Goodnight you all. Today is another day, the sun shall shine, and life will go on...