View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
GirlFromCO

Originally Posted by Dalek View Post
What I'm reading between the lines here, GirlFromCO, is you saying in a roundabout way that if you could drink, that you would, indeed, drink. Is that correct?

That, in itself, is your Addictive Voice (it supports and suggests drinking), and the whole "I can't drink" line of thinking is a trap, set to spring at a later date, when your AV inevitably chimes in and suggests that "things are different" now.

Can you see this?
Yeah, I mean the whole point of drinking again was to see if I could drink again. I should probably just make clear to everyone that at this point I'm not wanting to get back into AVRT or any other program. I know I'm done drinking forever - the technicalities of why/how don't really matter to me.

As always, I respect anything that keeps a person sober, be is AVRT, AA, whatever. I don't mind if you want to contextualize my experiences within the framework of your viewpoint, but personally I'm sticking to understanding this process within the context of my own experience, which is much more meaningful to me. Hope that comes off right.