View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Pock89

Back again. I ended up moving in with him at the end of October. Of course, no surprise, he ended up back in detox about 2 weeks ago.

The verbal abuse had gotten to a point where I was getting nervous and scared of him. Afraid he may harm me. So yesterday morning, I decided I needed to move out of the apartment we had together. He left while I was packing, to go get high. I had mostly everything packed and was just bringing stuff out to the car when he sent me a text and asked me if I was still there. I said yes. He asked me if I was alone, and I didn't answer him. He walked into the house about 5 minutes later and started screaming, degrading me, putting me down, and saying some extremely hurtful things. He told me he couldn't stand me, hated me, never wanted to see me again, and said he wanted me to leave immediately. I told him that I was going to leave as soon as I got my stuff together. He then got enraged and started pushing me and shoving me out the door, telling me to get out right now. He slammed my arm into the wall (which immediately became swollen) and I told him that I was going to call the police. He said "Why? You don't have a scratch on you, I didn't touch you." And then he said "I should punch you in your face."
I grabbed the rest of my things and got out of the house. I went to the police station and told them that I wanted to just put it on record that there was a physical altercation. I wanted to do that just in case something else happened, they would have it on record that it wasn't just out of the blue. I told them he was high on heroin. The police went to the apartment and arrested him. I gave them a written statement, they took pictures of my swollen and bruised arm, and told me he would be in custody all night. They said they would call me if he made bail.

Today, his father sectioned him and he's away until Feb 1. He also said "he's not a violent person, so I don't know how bad it really was." This infuriates me because I feel like, his son put his hands on me, it was obviously bad enough to injure me since my arm was swollen, he was high on heroin when it happened, and the police obviously thought there was good reason to go and arrest him. I feel like his father is making less of the situation than it really is. I mean, I guess it really doesn't matter too much about his family or anything since I do not want anything more to do with his family or him. However, I'm hurt that he didn't even ask me if I was okay...

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about what happens in a situation like this. Does the court order him not to contact me anymore? Just wondering if I should follow up with a no contact order, if that is automatically in place.

I'm destroyed.