View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Maylie

I'm happy you decided to post. Reading posts is extremely helpful, but posting and getting out your feelings can be theraputic.

It is extremely hard to watch a loved one (I can't imagine your own child) choose such an unhealthy lifestyle despite all the negatives. I am a recovered addict and a loved one of an addict, I understand the chaos of being in active addiction, but it doesn't make it any less painful to watch my love ones still struggling.

It sounds like she is in a toxic relationship and choosing to surround herself with someone who will not disapprove of her lifestyle. You can't make her change her life, all you can do is make sure you take care of yourself.

Do whatever you need to do for yourself. If her phone calls and text messages are too much for you, then simply don't answer. She protects her addiction at all costs, it is time you protect yourself and your health (mental, physical, and emotional) at all costs. It is hard not to keep reaching out and fixing things for them, but we are all only human and fully engaging with her lifestyle will take away from your own life.

You gave her options and you love her. That is all you can do until she is ready to put the work in to get to the other side. She is not a helpless child, she will find her way when she is ready. Until then, try to live your life to the fullest.

Keep reading and posting here. I hope, if only for today, that you can find some peace and do something for yourself. I pray, meditate, and remind myself everyday that although I love the A's in my life, that it is okay to love myself more.

hugs

Maylie