View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 03:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Akjk

daughter just keeps digging deeper

I am an active member of al anon, started in the 90s because of my AH went off and on since. Now I have been going on 1 year in the program because of my daughter who drug of choice is benzos but now is doing any drug she can get her hand on. she was sober for 6months in a half way house the first part of this year but met a boy (heroin addict) and they ran off to Dallas and relapsed. The last few days things are getting bad for her and the texts/phone calls are getting fast and furious because she has no place to live. The plan was to get to Kerrville where her last halfway house. She lied to me about who was taking her (she said BF was out of the picture but of course that is who was really planning to take her). Anyway they have not gone yet ... dont know if they really will. Last night I got text saying she wanted to go back to rehab because she tried crack for the first time and was scared. In this process I have made several suggestions she has disagreed with such as going to a hospital to detox there in Dallas where I could pick her up and then take her to Kerrville and I suggested she leave the BF in Dallas and find another way to get to treatment. She has asked for money to be sent (for gas) which I have refused and do not know what to do about the rehab option if she indeed ends up in Kerrville. It is a large expense to me and I dont know if I believe that she will not just end up getting broken out by the BF. well Ive never posted before but have gotten a lot out of reading posts on this site and my sponsor is out of the country so I need some ESH if y'all can. Im working on detaching with love and figuring out what help I am willing to give her w/o enabling her. I do want to make recovery options available if she is really ready.

thanks