View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
shaolin5

New and need help and advice

Ok, just the facts.
My wife is an addict. We were married in August. We had lived together for a year before we were married. I knew she had a drug problem, but she had agreed to take counseling one day a week last summer and for a while, that seemed to do the trick. But she just changed tactics.
I HAD NO IDEA WHAT AN ADDICT REALLY WAS.
Of course we went through all of the normal cycles. She would use, I would lecture and threaten to leave her, she would make a bunch of promises she couldn't keep, I would forgive her, repeat, repeat, repeat.
Then one day I felt like I'd had enough. I told her it was either rehab or divorce. However a friend of mine (who's brother is a recovering addict) suggested NA meetings instead. I attended the first one with her and walked away somewhat optimistic. That was late October.
She has "messed up" twice since then. Right now she has about 10 days clean, but she has become close to her sponsor,(a TOUGH older lady) and another girl that has about a year. Lean. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Her addiction is to crack and cocaine. So, what am I in for? What can I expect from here on out?