View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
mfox

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
Since he is not that far from you now, and A's can be very resourceful, I would suggest that if you haven't changed the locks that you do so. Keep doors locked at all times, and keep your phone near.

That way you and your children WILL have a beautiful holiday!

Sending healing thoughts and prayers.

Love and hugs,
Thank you. Not only have the locks been changed, but I have also had an alarm system installed on the house. I expect, if he doesn't follow through with his suicide threat this time, that he will show up here to get the rest of his belongings so they can be sold along with everything else he has ever owned.

Fortunately, it is MY house, the bulk of everything here is mine, and my income has been our primary support for the past 5 years so his absence is not a life shattering event for me and my kids - unlike so many others I see on here. I am lucky in that respect, but I also learned after my last divorce that I am the only one I can count on and am determined that I don't ever want to be financially dependent on anyone.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I hope you all have a great Christmas. And, especially after the heartbreaking events of this week, hold your loved ones a little tighter. They can be taken from you in a heartbeat.