Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
CowgrlInTheSand

Originally Posted by MiSoberbio View Post
It's not a question of loving enough, or giving enough, or sacrificing enough – the issue, for you, is how far you will go before your boyfriend's illness consumes you entirely, or better stated, before you find yourself made so ill by the symbiotic process of consuming (your boyfriend consuming you and you consuming your boyfriend's illness) that you end up emotionally and spiritually paralyzed.
Your post was filled several thought provoking statements, but this is the one that's nagging me the most. The other night I tearfully told him that he drains a lot of energy from me. I know that this is terrible in a relationship, but he said it's just the way things are now.

Tonight, on top of everything, I told him that I feel like I'm getting sick. When he went to bed, he hugged me and said that he didn't want to kiss me because he didn't want to get sick. I feel like I do A LOT for this person and I can't get a lousy kiss goodnight because I'm fighting off a cold? It's very possible that this might have more to do with him generally acting like a jerk rather than being an addict.

I will miss living in my current apartment, but I am moving to an area that is closer to my cousin and my godson. He's only 2.5 years old and I want to be a big part of his life as he grows up. This is very important to me and I see it as the most positive aspect of this move. Just being around them more give me some distance from his problems, but unfortunately, I do suspect that this distance will create a whole new set of problems with him.