View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
wraybear
Caring for the 3 little bears

ttigress, good for you! Sounds like you have a plan. I fell out of love with my AH for about 1 1/2 years. He was in a very bad car wreck with our children and i just lost all respect for him which almost turned into hatred. But, i fell in love with him again. Although things are bad for him right now, I did fall in love with him again. So, i hope you can fall in love with your husband again. Sounds like he wants to try again and he is not an addict - big bonus! I just happened to be in the bookstore and there is a book that i can't recommend as I haven't read it, but it may be good for your situation... Good luck in whatever you choose to do. It is titled "Open Hearts"...
i copied and pasted this info from the bookstore...

#6797 Open Hearts

Open Hearts Renewing Relationships With Recovery, Romance & Reality by Patrick Carnes & Mark and Debra Laaser

Have you tried over and over to fix your relationship?

We understand. We know what it's like to struggle with communication, parenting, finances and sex. We also know no situation is hopeless.

In Open Hearts, you'll learn how to:
-Overcome "coupleshame" -Fight fair -Understand your family "epics" -Set healthy boundaries -Break free from the same old battles -Form a spiritual bond -Renew your early passion

Through revealing exercises, honest insight and stories drawn from hundreds of others in the recovery movement, this workbook offers a hopeful path to any couple seeking healthy and fulfilling intimacy.

"Guides us on a tender journey to fulfilling the highest potential of a loving relationship." Claudia Black