Thread: Newcomer
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Junebugapril

Originally Posted by Cwbugycody View Post
Dragon, I would love to share es&h. I made a decision to quit drugging and drinking. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I told my employers, told the wife(ouch ) then called insurance . Found a treatment facility 3 hours away. I went to check my self in , and they would not take me until I went to detox (there detox across town). There I spent 6 days detoxing of of Vicodin , and acohol. Then it was back to the rehab facility where I did 28 days.while there I learned a lot about myself , about addiction, and why we do the things we do. While there I reconnected with my higher power (God) who has givin me strength that I never had before. Since I have been out I have hit a meeting every day, ether na or AA since I fit into both worlds. Lots of praying , lots of time reading the recovery materials, and lots of meditation. I have found great support from the groups and my family. O ya and here on SR. Ifeel better than I have in years and never want to go through detox again. Remembering how rough detox was helps me to get rid of cravings when they hit me. I am just thankful I am sober today, and with Gods help that I can be sober tomarrow. It has not been a easy rode , but it was easier then everything I had to do to stay high. By that I mean the lieing stealing , manipulation of others ect..... Now I can be me, and honest with everybody. That feels great. For the first time in 19 years I can look people in the eyes! I still have a long way to go , but one day at a time I'll get there. Hope this helps.
What a wonderful story. You were very courageous to face this the way you have. Thanks for coming to the forum. You sharing your story has helped me!