Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
bnstphnsn
Colts!

behindblueyes...hope this finds you with sobriety still intact!

The bad news: it seems your drinking life has left you with very few friends that aren't alcoholics.

The good news: you are starting a new life that will be full of people who you choose, rather than people that will drink with you.

The great news: one day you will look back at this rough patch with a confidence stronger than ever when you realize that you just did what has been holding you back.

You can't cope without alcohol, people rejecting you makes you drink, you have no support...etc. Well damnit I disagree. Look at yourself. All this has happened, the past month sounds like hell for you, and you're still sober. Thats a heck of an accomplishment. Get off your hands and go do something to treat yourself. Get a milkshake, make a cake, eat a juicy steak. However you spoil yourself, go do it. I won't pat you on the back too much, you are giving external things a lot of power over you. Or are you? You haven't drank, so how much power do they really hold? I think this is more a case of venting and a hint of whining. So call it what it is, you just needed to vent and blow off some steam.

Now get back to your new sober life!