View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mafalda

Originally Posted by dragon12 View Post
TTBABP. I am also on Day 8. We had people over for dinner last night and had wine in the house. It was hell!! I drank seltzer (soda water) with lime all evening while everyone got merry. What made it worse was that dinner was late and I was also starving. Nobody noticed that I wasn't drinking so I didn't have to explain but i obsessed about the wine all evening and I would have loved to have joined everyone in a glass or three.

Thinking back to last night, I was in a crappy mood all evening and just wanted the night to end....not the best hostess. I feel good this morning that I didn't drink last night but it was a reminder of how tough it is going to be this Christmas period.
I'm hosting a Christmas party at my home on Sunday. I'm a little scared of the holidays. I'm kinda like you. I think that I can't possibly enjoy my dinner without wine. I also have a kids party this weekend. I think I won't go to that. I have declined other parties for the same reason. Maybe one day I will enjoy people's company sober. Until then I will be a curmudgeon. I don't want to tell people because I'm afraid of their judgnments. They think you are weak or just making excuses for not drinking with them. I think people wont understand you when you are highly functional.