Old 12-11-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PohsFriend

That is awesome!

Ya know, it's easy to get caught up in what has happened and hold onto it. I sure learned that lately. Doing one good thing doesn't make up for bad things in the past but I truly believe that it changes the game when you can swallow hard, set the past aside for now and simply be grateful and proud and let someone know

"that took a lot of courage and I am really proud of you for taking that step. I care about you"

Sometimes people say "well fine but you have a lonnnnng way to go to earn my trust!"

Thinking that is one thing - it makes sense. Speaking it is another, when doing the right thing gets you beaten up and reminded of te past the desire to improve your behavior goes down.

...and I know you care, lol. Nobody could be that pissed off at someone who didn't matter to them. Love and hate are close cousins, ambivalence is the opposite of love and you damn sure ain't ambivalent yet!

I'm happy for you. So what if it is step one on a long road? If you don't celebrate each good thing until everything is fixed you will be miserable and so will he.

Today, let yourself be happy and let him know it means a lot. He can't walk that mile without that first step.

This made MY day :-)