View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 12:10 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Tlh

Originally Posted by RI24 View Post
hi guys,

hope you are all doing ok this morning.
Lyoness regarding methadone detox, its a b*tch....... having said that taking it meant I could organize my life somewhat without waking every morning sick and have to score my DOC (heroin) i had been mainlining bout 3 years before my first methadone detox then started smoking it (convinced myself that this was a better option than mainlining , oh the insanity of addiction....) after about 6 years back using ~(had a very small break whilst pregnant, like 3 months before my son was born) decided enough was enough I had been buying methadone on the street every week so i was really getting sick of having to take something ,anything to feel ok and normal.
12 days in and I'm pretty much over most of it, I'm still very drained but shakes / shivers / runnys etc have stopped thank the lord....
mentally I wouldn't have made it this far without SR and talking to you guys, so big thanks to all posting on these threads (lyoness , S0444, sick& tired and more recently tlh)
I'm the kinda person who can give out great advice but have probs taking it myself , so talking to you guys is kinda like giving myself advice and realizing that I'm not the only person in the world who is going through this. you guys make me feel like I might actually have a shot this time so thanks......
Oh you definitely have a shot RI24, everyone does it's just normally a lot of people including myself sometimes doesn't want to take that shot as soon as they should. I'm glad you have made it through to day 12 that's a great step in your recovery. It's hard to just make it through day 1 so a pat on the back for you ... Just remember this saying "One hour at a time, One day at a time" ... if you remember that then you should be just fine.

Again I'm glad you're getting through this, not sure if you ever been on the chat but there are A LOT of friendly people on there that shows tons of support and love, so if you haven't been on there and needing to talk go on the chat, and if you ever see me in there shoot me a PM and lets chat

Have a wonderful day,
TJ