View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
TTBABP

Thank you all so much for your advice and support. I did go to the party (It was actually today Fandy- Sunday. I started the thread on Saturday). It was a kids bday party but as expected there was plenty of wine and beer available. There were an awful lot of people there so the hostess offered me wine when I first got there which I declined and then she got too busy to offer again or notice that I was not drinking. I did have the urge once or twice to have a glass but suprisingly that was it and they did pass quickly. I told my DH that if I even looked like I was caving to drag me out of there but thankfully that was not necessary. I know that not going probably would have been the better choice but it is done and I am none the worse for wear and please believe me that despite going I did not take all of your advise lightly and it was the words of people here that really kept me from accepting that glass of wine when it was offered.

So here's to an entire weekend under my belt and here's to many many more sober weekends for me (and everyone else who wants them).

Again thank you all so much - your time and advice is invaluable to me.