View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trent333

A young man feeling old.

Hello everyone. Ive been following these forums for the last year or so. My name is Trent and I am 22. I am an alcoholic. I have been battling this terrible drug for the last few years. I have a career to be very proud of. Drive a Lincoln and eat very well. I live alone and pay all my bills and mortgage. I have yet to pay a cent in interest to the credit card companies."This is the good". The bad; I have managed some brief periods of sobriety but cannot seem to completely abstain from alcohol. "The really bad". I am suffering from chronic pain in the most personal and life changing locations. My sexual health is destroyed from an injury I obtained while drinking with my ex girlfriend over a year ago. I lost her a potential wife due to my loss of ability to perform pain free. I am in the process of resolving this issue but need advice or help from others dealing with both chronic pain and alcoholism. The pain is from the moment I wake up until deep sleep no breaks in between. I have an appointment at last after waiting almost a year to see a urologist "I live in Canada" and pray to God that I will at least get this pain and dysfunction physically rid of. I feel like because so much of my emotional and physical strength is being used just to get out of bed and to perform at my demanding job I have nothing left to battle this monster of an alcohol problem. Can anyone give me any advice on this please. Thank you.