Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BabyJane

Thumbs up What nice thing will you do for someone ELSE today?

Thread title says it all. In my addiction I was selfish and everything kind of revolved around me and getting relief from my problems. I lied, stole, and put others in danger. I was manipulative and ungrateful. I didn't have much regard for others, even those I really love.

Today I'm sober and working a program of recovery. This affords me the opportunity to not only become a better person for myself - I get to be of service to my fellow man. I get to do kind things for the people in my life. I get to show up for them when they need me. I get to give without the expectation of receiving something back.

What will you do to make someone's day better today?

I'm going to sign up to work with a charity called Voices For Children. It is an advocacy group for foster kids, I'm working on my PhD in Psychology so it should be right up my alley... If they can't take me I'll go to the humaine society and walk some dogs / socialize some cats! Animals count!

Ok. Your turn... What's everyone else going to do? Being sober is about more than me me me right?