View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Keeping sobriety number one

I was going to the bar and telling myself that its ok to do that. I am doing AVRT and I can handle it. Sobriety is number one for me because I said it. And then preceded to drink.

I would go a few days and declare that sobriety was number one for me. I went 6 days. Then proceeded to get a bottle.

I posted on SR saying how I will not drink on a Friday. Then by Sunday was shaking my head.

All this while sobriety was number one for me.

I have learned a lot since April. Lessons I could not be happier to have learned.

I am excited for yet another weekend. Might go see the tree at Rockefeller center. I used to work there and saw it everyday but the trill is never gone from the smell of chestnuts roasting from the vendors. Or the windows along fifth ave.

Number one means number one now. No bars. No parties where I put friendships over me by feeling obligated in some way to toast whatever's being celebrated. No inserting the season at the top of the list.

I have been asking myself if what I am doing will be a threat to what I want. Not to drink. If even an inkling that it will then I adjust and do something else.

This weekend.... My sobriety is really number one. That's not always easy. Hell it's not. But it's getting easier.

Happy Friday!

K