View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
kittycat3

Yes, post it here if it helps.
I've been there, I've been paranoid about who saw me in such a condition....I've "what-if'd" myself to death nearly - panic attacks expecting a coworker to surprise me with one of those "wow, how are you feeling, do you remember seeing me?" stories...thankfully the paranoia was usually unwarranted and the people who did see me so wasted have hopefully banished me from their brains....

I still thank my higher power for the lovely lady at the pizza shop downstairs who I saw one night when I was bombed. She was outside for a smoke after her shift, and I joined her, glommed on to her as if we were long-lost friends (I had only just met her), and I convinced her to come to a bar with me and do a shot of liquor. I paid for it and she didn't stay much longer. I don't know for sure but she is younger than me and I got the feeling that she was not much of a drinker, certainly not one like me. I saw her a few weeks later at the pizza shop and bashfully said hello, she said, do you remember much about that night and I awkwardly said no I didn't and turned red and embarrassed. She kindly said, "oh I don't either, I was so tired from my day..." she made this embarrassed gal feel like she was not alone....man what a sweet thing for her to say. I totally didn't communicate my appreciation for her kindness but very fondly greet her now when I see her. Several times it has really struck me how nice that was of her to say, she easily could have joked with me about it and had me feeling worse...

I'm almost 60 days sober now. Tell us your story if you feel like it, likely that we've all done something just like it or even worse. And quit yer drinking, you will not regret it.