Old 11-12-2004, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Prophet3276

Smile so in summary

Hello again, So merely to say, AS is a social disability and a form of autism, shortly put. It is not a mental disability or disease or whatever. I find autism to be quite the gift actually. I've made many a mandated mark in my lifetime, most of which have gone unnoticed by many. But i must say that i'll always enjoy my AS friends and the disabled societies i live in. Nothing has brought me more happiness than knowing that i have friends on the same psychological level that i am when at first i thought i didn't have any. To name a few things we experience commonly in AS is sensory overload which is caused by too much noise,stress or temperature, usually we end up disoriented and confused and a quiet room would help make it go away. Auditory sensitivity is another one that is caused by too much noise like having the tv or radio turned up too loud, we have this constant thrumming sound in our ears and once again a quiet room would help make it go away.

Faceblindness which is the inability to see other peoples faces while talking to them aka prosopagnosia=faceblindness. And then there's mindblindness which is the inability to see others as having their own state of mind.HFA: high functioning autism though not all experts agree that it is in line with AS . I for one personally see myself as High functioning autistic/AS/PDD, but i'm sure the experts might disagree with me, do you see what i mean? Because the experts might say that you can't be high functioning and PDD at the same time. OCD (this is my favorite aspect ) obsessive compulsive disorder, people with obsessive compulsive disorder usually are perfectionists and usually are never pleased with the end results.

People with OCD also have obsessive compulsive interests, my OCD interests are video games, internet and comic books. I collect and read comic books, so i have tons of them to catch up on. We also worry about things like "are all the lights off? are the doors locked? etc." In the previous post that was my definition of aspie but here is the books definition from ashley stanford. Aspie: Friendly term used to identify a person with aspergers syndrome. Aspie identifies a personality type rather than a disorder, similar to "artist" or "intellectual." I like that definition as i feel it fits us, so those are just a few of the hundreds of aspects of the diagnosis. Those are the common aspects we experience. I love my obsessive compulsive interests i can tell you that much . Anyways i'll let you go, i hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
Greg