View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
paul99
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

I used to get on the moral high ground about drink drivers till someone reminded me how id strap my daughter in the car and drive drunk...happy in the knowledge id strapped her real tight and safe, last time i was arrested and imprisoned, 5 times over the legal UK limit....yep real considerate dad when drinking.
Exact same thing happened to me, except the jail. Blew lethal levels of booze in blood. I would rail against drunk drivers and there I am the poster boy for a serial drinker and driver. Insanity, indeed.

I used to scrounge through people's coats and in my car for any loose change - anything - so I could get a can or bottle. So what happened at the club doesn't phase me, camera or no camera, glue or no glue.

I am also not surprised, yet disappointed, at the lack of compassion that something like this brings up in some members. We fail to forget our past trespasses, and live on a moral higher ground, when it was only a year ago that we stole from grandma and hocked some of her stuff for booze money. There were many people who looked upon me with compassion in the many years I was sick. I can only start to repay that love and compassion by doing the same for others.