View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Huglets

Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement. First day went well. But I'm fading fast.....I'm SO tired! I didn't sleep much last night and my eyes are already droopy.

I also didn't take the sleep aid the hospital prescribed because quite frankly, it knocks the socks off of me. It causes me to sleep 14-16 hours of sleep and I didn't want to be late today. Therapist recommended that I cut the dosage in half. So I stopped at the store to buy a pill cutter along with actual FOOD. Yes, that's right folks, I said food. Not booze. But real, live, actual food! I never ate when I drank.

Here comes the funny part. I'm backing into my driveway when I hear a very loud and steady hissing coming from my front driver's side tire. Me: "Oh crap" (I didn't really say crap but I thought I'd clean it up for all of you. Didn't even stop to think about taking out my newly acquired groceries. Race off to the tire shop which is thankfully only a block away.

Panic attack sets in. I start to breathe and have to remind myself that God will never give me more than I can handle. Turns out it was just a nail. Tire shop fixed it for free in a short amount of time so thankfully my perishables didn't go kaput. Now that would've steamed me

Now home with that real, live food in my house and having a warm cup of tea. I'll be honest....I've been fighting the urge all afternoon to go buy myself a little "reward" (a/k/a 12 or 24 pack) for a day well done.

Psshhhh....nah. This sobriety thing is so much better.