View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
yogiart

Originally Posted by AmericanGirl View Post
Great thread! I am trying to keep up a daily journal because I find it calms me. I try not to worry much about how much I write or how well I write. I also try to note the following in all my entries:

Date and sober day#
How I'm feeling today/yesterday
What I am grateful for today
Anything I realized about my drinking
Why I want to stay sober
Events/activities that have occurred over the past day

I also sometimes write about my dreams, which I believe often give me insight into what my subconscious is struggling with. Often I find myself writing down fears/anxieties, then later reporting on how the thing I was worried about went (slowly I'm seeing that I shouldn't be so anxious as things are rarely as bad as I fear they will be.)
All these are wonderful topics to write about. I don't usually write about events. I always write about how I feel and what can I do about it. Gratitude list or as some call it "book of positive aspects of. . " is another great journaling idea because it does create a momentum that helps me during the day to focus on the full side instead of the empty side.

Whether you keep your journals in a password protected documents, in a physical diary, or online, the most important thing is consistency imho.

Last edited by Dee74; 12-02-2012 at 04:00 PM. Reason: PM