Old 12-02-2012, 03:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
fluffyflea

[

Manipulation to get what he wants when he wants it.

QUOTE=cat4554;3698984]My spouse and I have been separated for almost 3 years. I pushed him out for his drinking, lying, cheating. Since that time, he has asked for forgiveness, told me I am the love of his life, says he wants me but then he walks away again and again. Last winter I discovered he still had contact with the woman he cheated with. I didn't argue just walked away. That is when he admitted he had a drinking problem and begged me to help him. For four days he stayed at our house and did not return to his apartment. only 4 days and he was back to drinking and showing his rude / nasty self. No one but me has ever seen this side of him. He is never outwardly drunk in public. My counselor, who saw him too, thinks like me, although he loves me, I am not his drinking buddy. He wants his drinking buddy girlfriend more than me. Yet when he is sober he always says, " no one will ever love me like you. No one will ever be my best friend as you. "

The only logical explanation to all his contradictions about wanting me, loving me then walking out on me is ALCOHOL.

You see, I told him when I pushed him out, he can't come back until he is sober.

I honestly believe that he remembered that.

Can you explain all this craziness ? So many of our friends / family don't get it. They call him the mystery man. His family and friends never saw him drunk plus he never gave them a hard time.

I am trying to date and move on. I am 58 years old, he is turning 60 this December. So sad because we really do love each other but I love myself more.[/QUOTE]