Old 12-02-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
markh

Okay ... worsen how?

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Take the questions to your dr and try to find out what's going on. It's good that you're concerned about what's happening.

Alcoholism is a progressive disease and it will continue to worsen, unless you stop.
So is alcoholism it like a cliff that you come up to, you stand at the ledge and then one more step is a fall into oblivion? Or is it more like a ditch, you keep walking and suddenly you look up and wonder how you ended up in the ditch?

Do you go along for years and everything is fine and suddenly, BAM! alcohol makes you ill? For example, if I forced myself to chug a bunch of booze right now (the shear thought of it makes me queasy) would it make me feel better?

It is DEFINITELY the booze that did it, that is clear, because when I drank the beer it made me feel ill.

Quitting drinking will be easy if it does this. Other things I don't drink: Caster oil, gasoline, drain cleaner -- and now booze, which makes me want to gag.

Once my symptoms clear up, will I then feel an unquenchable urge to drink? Now I'm starting to feel a little uneasy.

BTW, regarding a doctor, not really my thing. I don't have a doctor nor do I ever go to a doctor nor do I want to ever talk to a doctor. Don't like 'em. My brother is a nurse, I guess I could ask him.

Thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate your words of advice.