Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lily1918

Originally Posted by Wesley423 View Post
You sound as if u really have your stuff together. His moms attitude and action, though loving are completely wrong but justified. Your suggestion that she goto a meeting with you was spot on. You can only control your actions and your attitude for his recovery.

A little of my story: I was married for 19 yrs and my wife had said she was going to divorce me for the last 3 yrs. she had the same attitude as your bf mother. She loved me but her actions were misguided. Needless to say she divorced me and changed her attitude like your. This was the wakeup I needed and she actually changed my life. Because she disconnected I had to choose die or stop. Her attitude toward me in the end saved me! I know I'm rambling so ill end with this. Sounds like your going in the right path. Stay strong! Your pal in recovery... Wes ...
Im struggling tonight. He is two hours late and I know where he is :,( I don't want to lose him.... Im getting closer to no contact every time this happens... but Im selfish and want to keep him, maybe I do need to close the door.