Old 11-11-2004, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Prophet3276

I have an Alcoholics-anonymous Ex-girlfriend :)

Hello Everyone, My ex-girlfriend Becky is a cross-addicted alcoholic she has been staying sober lately and has been struggling very hard to do so. Her alcoholism runs deep, she's bi-polar/manic depressive and i was in a relationship with her (by my opinion) 6 months (by her opinion) 3 months. And so i've been trying to help her get through her addictions but most of all her alcoholism which is probably the strongest of them all. I really love her to death even though we're ex's . Right now she is going to be travelling to Brighton rehabilitation and she hopes that it will help her alcoholism.

And i told her that "If you believe in the rehabilitation and if you believe in AA and if you believe in the system and the blue book then you will get through all this" and that i believe in her and that she can do it. I personally believe people like this need alot of support in order to get through such hard times, it is not just a walk in the park, because i myself am disabled in many ways. I am epileptic with partial complex seizures and some grand mals, i've had them since birth but didn't know about them until i was 8 months old which was when i had my first seizure. And i have depression and anxiety disorder. And at the age of 21 i was diagnosed with a social disability and a form of autism called aspergers syndrome, people call us "aspies" in short it's a positive nick name for us.

I like to talk to my aspie friends on the discussion boards. We generally have either no friends to very few friends and so we feel socially isolated to the autistic society, but anyways that's my world. So i want to be able to help my ex-girlfriend so that she can get rid of her alcoholism and her smoking problems. I'm not doing this out of pity or spite or self-centeredism i'm doing it because i love her very much and i'm very concerned about her health . So does anyone have any advice of where i can start so that i can level out with her on an even keel? Because i really want to be able to work with her so that she'll want to work with the program more. I hope to hear from you soon,good luck in all you do.

Signed,
Greg