View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scott6433

Hi ho it's off to work I go?

About 12 years now I have worked in a field I don't like. I never liked it but the pay is there. My drinking had remained pretty static over the years until last year when I started for the first time drinking before and even during work at times. I was alone in the office a lot around the holidays and that only worsened things. During my 20 minute lunch breaks I would often cry in the woods next door, try like hell to eat, to try and shake off the anxiety, fight off the urge to vomit. I guess the anxiety had just been building up over the years doing something that is not only stressful but well...that I hate. This mind you was all when I had a brand new car, my license, no pending jail time, nor probation or court ordered counseling. Well...long story short all that has changed as a result of a dwi (no accident/no one injured). I have not been to work since the beginning of Sept. I stopped drinking recently and am just wondering how realistic it would be for me to be able to jump back in providing I even had the option. Quitting drinking was easy, it's the thought of going back into that office that is the hard part...knowing there will be no release whatsoever when I get home.
Thanks for listening.