View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobersanity

A very helpful & enlightening PM

Hi Friends,

So the other thread was closed due to complaints. I hope not to offend anyone else in this one lest the same thing happen again.

This, believe it or not, is a positive and grateful message. I received a private message which enlightened me from a member of the forum which I would like to share. I am not breaking anyones anonimity as the person shall remain nameless.

It was suggested to me on a PM that it was perhaps a little early to be doing step 4 & 5 as I hadnt taken step 2 & 3. I said " But I have taken step two and three and was deciding when and with whom to do step 4 & 5 with"

In actual fact, when I thought about this for a while, deep down I realised I hadnt taken steps 2 & 3 and therein lies the problem.

I suppose I have difficulty believing that God can cure this disease if we ask him but wont do the same for people with much worse diseases. Aids, Cancer, Heart disease to name a few.

It seems a bit selfish to think he can/will cure alcoholism but not the other serious/terminal diseases. What makes alcoholics so special to expect miracles based on the steps ?

That, I think, is the crux of the matter that I cant get my head around and maybe I never will.

Goodnight Irene.