Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LeahP

I insulted my husband about his addiction past during an argument! Advice?

My husband and i got married last year after meeting 3yrs ago, 11months after we met i gave birth to our son, i completely messed up my BC when we met. Before we met he was a drug addict but had been clean for 4mnths before we met. He travels alot for work and my son and i travel with him but when he goes to Europe i choose to stay at home as i feel its too much for our son, my husband can fully support us both, He always says that he doesnt know how he got so lucky in life after all the sh!t he done and that our son and I are his meaning for life, That we keep him together, We almost never really argue but at times he can be very standoffish and arrogrant with others.

Last night we were out with friends & he told me that her A heated arguemnt started between us about something personal, him telling me to "grow the f*ck up & that i was acting like a stupid f*cking school girl" that hurt me as he never spoke to me like that before and i stupidly crossed the line and told him that he should ease up on the drink because we didn't want him to relapse into his old ways (even though he only had one) he just looked at me and walked out, As soon as i said it i regretted it and Im furious with myself for saying that to him as he didn't deserve it at all. He is now giving me the silent treatment, When i try talking to him he just gives me a horrible look and walks away or starts playing with our son and its driving me crazy, We have never been like this in our relationship and i hate that i caused this, I keep crying with frustration. I've messed up big time and terrified i've ruined things, How can i fix this?