View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Fernaceman
Trudger of Happy Destiny

This reading really means a lot to me. Envy played a huge part in my life. Still does, but not to the extent that it did. Like Paul said, I would be lying if I said I still wasn't envious of others. It's one of my biggest character defects. Comparing my situation to others, wondering why I don't have what they have. Comparing myself to my peers and my family members is what I did. The more I think about it, the more I realize it is all about material objects. I am not usually envious of someone's spirituality.

I guess I need to focus more on God and spirituality. That is something I can attain in this part of my life. If I concentrate on that, the other things will fall into place. Thinking about it right now, God has always provided exactly what I have needed at any given moment. Yeah, it might not be the things I want, necessarily, but I have always been taken care of as far as food, shelter, and even small luxuries. It is also said that God won't give you any more than you can handle at any given time. I find that more true than anything.

God Bless and have a nice day, everyone.