View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BrokenHeartWife

Originally Posted by grammyb View Post
My AH was on antidepressant meds for a year while he continued to drink heavily. Combination was a disaster and it never really helped the depression. Stopped taking meds as he insisted meds " made him feel weird".
I'm learning the hard way they have to want to help themselves and that we can't do it for them. This is a great site with lots of valuable information. Read as much as you can. Learn from the experience and wisdom of the many that have walked in your shoes. Hugs!

My AH drank while taking anti-Ds so the meds didn't work as they should. Of course, AH never accepted responsibility that mixing the two was the reason that he was still depressed.

Why wasn't "drinking a 6 pack' each night a big red flag. Drinking that much beer every night isn't normal, and is VERY espensive...who has an extra $6-7 per night to blow on beer? That's over $200 a month....PLUS TAX!

I am so sorry that you're going thru this as a new expecting mom-to-be. You're in a tough spot. It doesn't sound like your AH is taking sobriety seriously (I don't think my AH does either....I think mine thinks the AA meetings are social gatherings for him and his drinking friends.)