View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
jstar

glad you came back here to reach out instead of reaching for another drink! the cycle can be vicious! I compare my own attempts at sobriety as a merry go round. I had to get off the ride to stop going around in circles. it's been a tough road for sure but I am thankful beyond words for each sober breath a draw. it's easy to think it "will be different next time"...for me it was...I got more wasted, drank more and made a bigger fool out if myself each time. the "different" was for me that it got worse each time, this is a progressive disease, it gets worse never better.

the last time I drank, I ended up in the ER...now that was different! I almost died you can learn from this experience and grow from it. like someone else posted, it's 16 days against 1....beautifully put! the only failure is when you stop trying!

I will be praying for you! know that we have all been there in some way. I had 102 days or so sober when I relapsed the last time & am on day 15 today. that is progress when I think, ok...that's 117 days to 1.

you can do this buikbeast! hugs!