View Single Post
Old 11-10-2004, 01:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
deim23
Pink Cloud Dweller

We Aren't a Glum Lot :-)

This is a thread I would like to see running for a long while.

(p. 132, A.A.)

"....We have been dealing with alcohol in its worst aspect. But we aren't a glum lot. If newcomers could see no joy or fun in our existance, they wouldn't want it. We absolutely insist on enjoying life. We try not indulge in cynicism over the state of the nations, nor do we carry the world's troubles on our shoulders When we see a man sinking into the mire that is alcoholism, we give him first aid and place what we have at his disposal. For his sake, we do recount and almost relive the horrors of our past. But those of us who have tried to shoulder the entire burden and trouble of others find we are soon over come by them.
So we think cheerfulness and laughter make for usefulness......"

<MARQUEE direction=RIGHT height=200 scrollAmount=15 scrollDelay=5 style="COLOR: blue; FILTER: alpha(opacity=50); FONT-FAMILY: verdana; FONT-SIZE: 25pt; FONT WEIGHT: bold; POSITION: absolute; right: 400px; Z-INDEX: 25" width=900;>NOT A GLUM LOT!!</MARQUEE><br><MARQUEE direction=left height=100 scrollAmount=9 scrollDelay=15 style="COLOR: red; FILTER: alpha(opacity=35); FONT-FAMILY: verdana;FONT-SIZE: 100pt; FONT-WEIGHT: script; POSITION:absolute; RIGHT: 50px;Z-INDEX: 50" width=900;>NOT A GLUM LOT!!</MARQUEE><MARQUEE direction=left height=200 scrollAmount=10 scrollDelay=10 style="COLOR: yellow; FILTER: alpha(opacity=40); FONT-SIZE: 25pt; POSITION: absolute; right: 400px; Z-INDEX: 25" width=450;>NOT A GLUM LOT!!</MARQUEE><br><br><br>

So lets "burst into merriment"!!, and if you have a joke, funny story or experience... please post it!! Just make sure and keep in mind as far as meeting anonymity..."what you here, let it stay here"

I'll start...

I was reading the book of AA a few years ago with my sponsor, chapter 5 "How it Works".. We got to page 66, he was reading... "If we were to live, we had to be free of anger.....". He read on.. "The grouch and the brainstorm were not for us. They may be the luxurious doobie of normal men, but for alcoholics these things are poison." He stopped there and looked up at me with a grin. I missed it. It took a few seconds but then got his play on words and was in stitches for at least five minutes.

Let's keep this going and show the newcommer that we definatly have fun in sobriety!

Stay UP!!
Aaron