View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by ZiggyB View Post
Hi,
I believe my axbf was a narcissist and there would certainly be times when he was normal, charming, the model boyfriend. Weeks would go by and everything was fine. When conflict & stress arose, that's when a lot of his ugliness would come out and it was usually directed at me. If I failed to follow instructions, stroke his ego enough or let him down in some way, that's when all h*ll would break loose.

Does this cycle of abuse look familiar to you?
The Cycle of Abuse | Domestic Violence Wheel | Emotionally Battered Women

And yes, if he really is a N. they will no go to therapy as they see everyone else in the world is the problem. I tried to get mine to go for 3 years and he would refuse.
Yes, I've been to this site before and much of it fits my AH.

I just went for a long walk with my 14 year old son. We were discussing the possibility of adopting a dog and how it would be rough on him when it comes to AH and how AH likes to jump all over our son when he doesn't respond in 10 seconds to the call. I swear my AH drives me crazy with this: I will ask him to do something for me and give him a week to get it done, and then wind up doing it myself because he forgets but if our son doesn't jump to attention like a good private in the Army, then all heck breaks loose. Anyway, my son was getting frustrated because he almost wants to turn down the idea of getting a dog knowing full well that dad's wrath will be upon him and he says, "No offense to dad, but he's fat, lazy, and stubborn." It took all my strength to NOT come right out and agree. I had to take a deep breath and remind him that dad is a child of God, that he isn't perfect, and that we need to accept dad for who he is and learn to take care of ourselves. Man, that was hard. My son and I had a very long talk tonight about more than that. I told him more about AA, Al Anon, and he seemed more interested in AlaTeen meetings, too.